Sunday, May 10, 2009

Getting Ready for Summer


Barry is finally done with Spring semester! Woohoo! He got a week off and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Tomorrow he's back to work with a summer class and internship. Luckily the class is only two weeks long and the internship shouldn't be much longer.
We celebrated my birthday recently and Barry got me some nice running shoes and a beautiful framed saying that says:

"Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things."

This was really special because we talk a lot about how it's the small stuff that makes our relationship so great.
He also knows what else I like:




And he made me an awesome birthday cookie because I don't like cake very much.


This past week we went and visited Barry's sister, Sarah, in Rexburg who just had a baby girl. She already had three boys, so a girl is pretty exciting. Barry played with the boys a lot to give Sarah a break. Sidra is an adorable baby!


 Here I am with the four crazy kids at my mom's house (Clara, Connor, Triston, and Quinton).

Then on Saturday we spent a day in Oakley with Barry's dad. We just mostly hung out, napped, and had a wiener roast (it's Barry's dream to be able to start a fire in his own yard someday!)


Quinton had a fun time playing outside and is already starting to get a tan!
I hope with summer coming we'll all stop getting so sick all the time. Clara is getting over an ear infection today and Quinton just got over ear infections and tonsillitis, but now he's coughing again today! It never ends! I just wish I could do more to help them. 

7 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe that Clara is almost 5 months already. Holy Cow! She is getting big and she is so cute. You have such an adorable family. Um, next time you're in Rexburg go ahead and stop for a visit ok... bye.

Shari said...

I believe that someday our kids will be healthy! Cute pics!

Jenks Jive said...

Love the birthday cookie. Clara is getting so big! She's changing a lot too. Sounds like you've been having fun hanging out with family. I also hope my kids stay well longer with the warmer weather coming.

Jenks Jive said...

Oh, one more thing. I love your new family pictures! Very cute.

Montana at the Helm said...

What a good husband you have! I'm glad you had a good birthday. Your kids are just so cute. I'm so happy that Barry could help Sarah out with the boys.

Kristen said...

Four babies in a bathroom - definitely an armful!

We roasted up some tube steaks too - it's a great dream to have, Barry! Come to Oakley someday!

Unknown said...

Heather,
I want you to know I remembered your birthday this year and I meant to call you, but when April 32nd didn't come I was confused and then I realized I missed it. This is your fault though.
Erin