Thursday, December 31, 2020

December


Fun times in December included:
Miles looking for Luna under our bed.
Finding Sawyer asleep at 11pm on the bathroom floor (he denied everything the next day).
Hanging out with Grandma Decker.
A young men's fireside for Quinton.
Fourteen years of marriage.
Normal Crazy Stuff.
PomPom Soup.
A new dress for Clara!








 I've seen so many people write or talk about 2020 and how it changed their lives. I'm not gonna lie, it was rough. This pandemic has pushed everyone to their mental limits, I think. We've tried to keep life as normal as possible for our kids and it's great to see them so resilient - more so than me, I think - but I hate that they're missing out on things like primary, field trips, and seeing loved ones.
If I've learned anything this year, it's probably to realize that we are accountable for ourselves and our own decisions and we can't let others hurt us with their opinions and actions. The world is nutso, but we can keep our homes sacred. If we have a good heart and rely on the Lord, I think we'll be okay. Life's hard sometimes, but family can help us get through it. I hope we've been able to come closer together this year and that we can remember mostly the good. And also to keep a good supply of toilet paper.

No comments: