Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Miles DeVaughn Jenks




Miles joined our family on December 2, 2017 at 6:30 in the morning. He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 21" long. The night before Barry and I went to his work party at the seminary principal's house. Afterward, I was hoping to get in one last night of good sleep before we were scheduled to show up at the hospital at 6:30 the next morning, but I started having contractions around 2:00. I waited to see if they would go away, but they got worse so I woke Barry up at 3:30 and we headed to the hospital a few hours early. I was dilated to a 3 and having pretty regular contractions so they called in the doctor and we had the c-section a little earlier than the 8:00 it was originally planned for. They had a hard time getting miles out due to the scar tissue I had from other c-sections so they really had to pull (it hurt!) and even use a vacuum on him so he was a little bruised, but came nice and healthy.  We stayed in the hospital until Tuesday morning. Shari, Amy, and my mom all watched the other kids for us and we got lots of visitors at the hospital. On Monday they kept Miles under the bilirubin lights all day to keep his jaundice away, which was kind of nice to get it taken care of, but that sure was a boring day in the hospital without him around! The kids all loved him at first sight, but it did take Sawyer a week or so before he wanted to hold Miles. We love Miles and he's just the perfect fit for our family.






















No comments: