Monday, March 21, 2011

Early 2011


March is coming to a close and I'm realizing we haven't taken many pictures yet this year. Quinton and Clara are getting so old lately. They're both talking a lot and surprising me with things they can do. Quinton knows a lot of his letters now and says some really cute things. The other day I gave them some cantaloupe and tried to convince them it tasted like candy so we should call it "candy-loupe." I don't think my sense of humor quite caught on because Quinton said, "No, we don't call cantaloupe, we call people!" He thought I was being really ridiculous. He has also been doing really well on the potty. He's gone almost a week now with very few accidents and we're all so glad! One kid down. One to go.


Clara has been a bit of a rebel lately. Recently she started climbing out of her crib, which turned sleep time completely upside down in our house. I decided maybe it was finally time for both of them to share a room, which they like a lot, but they still have a hard time calming down enough to actually go to sleep. The only time Clara stays in bed very long is when she is stripping off her clothes and diaper. I've resorted to duct tape and overalls to keep clothing on her without a fight. So we're all a little more grumpy from lack of sleep some days, but hopefully things calm down soon.

Barry's keeping busy with work and enjoying it. We really love it here in Mountain Home and it's definitely feeling like our home now. We've spent a lot of time the past couple of months looking at houses to buy. It's an emotionally up-and-down process, that's for sure. We made an offer on a house in January and we were outbid on it. We've been looking and looking for another house that feels right and we think we've found it, we're just waiting to make sure the inspection goes well and the financing goes through, so we'll update on that later.
I've kept busy the past month and a half or so working on starting a Bountiful Baskets site here in Mountain Home. I trained for 4 Saturdays in Boise and we're on our third week of running it here in town. It's kind of stressful, but also very rewarding and a lot of fun to be involved in the community.
In our free time we play games and rough house and go to play group and cook yummy food. So overall, life is definitely good!

2 comments:

Charles and Carolyn said...

I'm so impressed you are starting a Bountiful Baskets. I have wanted to start one here, but don't want to drive the hour and a half one way to get trained. Do you really have to do 4? That's so many!! I'm glad you guys are doing good. Good luck with the house. I remember being shocked how long everything took to get processed and finalized.

Montana at the Helm said...

Quinton is sounding so grown up. I love it when they start really talking and having conversations with you. It is fun to see the way they see the world. Bountiful Baskets sound awesome. I looked it up and we don't have one here, darn! I am not motivated enough to start one up though.