Thursday, September 16, 2010

Camping


We decided to be brave and took the kids camping twice this summer. It turned out really nice. The first time we went by Anderson Reservoir at Ice Springs Campground and the second time we just found a spot by Smith Creek. We kept it short and just stayed Friday night and left early Saturday. The kids loved being able to run around and play in the dirt. They even slept okay. We were all pretty exhausted by the time we went home, though.




Nothin' beats chowing on Doritos by the campfire.



Quinton and Clara loved the tent. Sleeping next to two kicking toddlers in the cold, dirty mountains isn't my idea of a vacation, but at least we made some memories.

3 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I must say that camping with a four year old is so much more enjoyable and less work than a two year old.

Jenks Jive said...

The older I get the less enjoyable I find sleeping in a tent in the cold with tossing toddlers. I'm becoming too pampered I guess. But I still love getting out of town and enjoying the peace!

JaNae said...

Yeah, not my idea of a vacation either. You're extra amazing to tough it out for the memories.