The past few weeks we have been focused on unpacking and adjusting to life here. Barry got a fun summer job driving an ice cream truck. It's nice for him because it will give him a break before diving back into his last year of college. I have just been trying to keep track of our kids and get Clara sleeping through the night. She's getting better, but not all the way there yet. She is sitting up now and eating all sorts of food.
Quinton is getting to be such a little boy and not my baby anymore. At times he is fiercely independent and at others he clings to us for security (usually when he has to go to nursery.) He really loves his sister, although he is still learning how to be soft enough with her. I think they are going to be great friends once she can fight back!
After that we had a nice dinner with my parents and sisters and their families. Quinton had a blast playing with all of the bubbles.
Clara wasn't so sure about them and mostly enjoyed hanging out inside with her cousin Connor.
After dinner we took some family pictures before watching the Rigby fireworks. Quinton really liked the ones we lit off together and called the big ones in the sky "bubbles."
Grandma and Grandpa with some of the grandkids.
Quinton lent his thumb to grandpa to try with John and Triston close by.
Sweet girls Mackayla and Clara.
*Life is Precious*
I endured the scariest moment of motherhood that day. When everyone was in the yard taking pictures, without realizing it, Quinton had wandered a few feet away. Suddenly Jeni said to me, "You do know the ditch has water in it, right? Where's Quinton?" I hadn't realized it was full and panic filled my heart as we rushed to find him. We had been standing close to the ditch, but the trees and shed kind of hid it. I ran to the front of my parents' shed to look for him when I heard Jeni scream, "He's in the water!" just as I turned the corner. I saw her jump in from the other side of the shed and I rushed in after her. She pulled Quinton out of the water and he was coughing. It was terrifying. Jeni later said that all she had seen was his little hand sticking out of the water. We are all so grateful to Heavenly Father for watching out for sweet little Quinton and inspiring Jeni to look for him. If it had been one or two seconds later, he probably would have been carried quickly through the tunnel of the ditch that goes under the road. As a mother I have been forced to think of what the alternative could have been if more time had passed, but thankfully Quinton was okay and we were all probably more shaken up than he was. It is a moment we will never forget and one I will always thank my Heavenly Father for. My children are so precious to me and I will cherish them forever and always.
Here are a few more pictures from this summer so far:
Here are a few more pictures from this summer so far:
Sophie, Triston, Quinton
.jpg)
7 comments:
Oh my gosh I am so glad Q is ok... what a scary moment to have to go through. I'm happy to hear you're liking Shelley. I'm still anxious to leave Rexburg - one more year!
Wow! I always worried about the ditch when my boys were little because they were fascinated with the water. I'm glad he was OK!
Thanks for the fun time last week. Your kids are adorable! (Thanks for letting me get my "baby fix" while holding Clara.)
That is great that you and Barry went fishing together. Good for you!
My stomach dropped as I was reading about Quinton. Actually it made my stomach sick. It is amazing how fast our kids can get into trouble. Way to go big sis!!! Soooo happy Quinton is safe and sound!
I still get a lump in my throat every time I think about it! Being a parent sure brings out emotions I never thought possible! I love you and your kids!
I have been house sitting for my grandma, and now that Little E is almost walking we are moving partially because I am so scared of the ditch in the backyard! I am so glad that he is safe and sound! Your children are so cute and you look great! We should get together some time (we are buying a home right across form Harwood)
wow that is so scary!! I can't imagine the fear you must've felt seeing him in the water.
Clara has gotten so big! What a cutie.
What a frightening experience with Quinton. I am so glad he is okay! Romney is a wanderer (he runs away in stores, now he can unlock the dead bolt and we have found the front door open in the morning and him missing) and it is so scary not knowing where they are. I'm so grateful too for promptings and have learned to act on them immediately.
Post a Comment