Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Clara Grace




We welcomed Clara Grace Jenks to our little family on Friday, December 19th and we are so glad to have her! She is such a sweetheart. She weighed 6 lb. 2 oz. and was born at 7:45 am. 
We had to be at the hospital early that morning. Unfortunately, there was a big snow storm and driving was pretty rough. It took us twice as long to get from Rigby to Blackfoot than it normally would. But once we got there they checked me in quickly and prepped me for surgery. I was so numb from the spinal tap that I didn't feel a thing. In fact, as I was laying there with a sheet in front of me (I guess they don't think it's a good idea for a person to see their own body cut open) I asked the doctor, "When are you going to start cutting?" and they said, "She's already almost out." I was a little surprised. Once I got to see her and her big, dark eyes I was relieved. She was beautiful. She did kind of have a look on her face like, "Why did you rip me from my nice, warm home?"
The nurses were nice to watch her so I could get some sleep at nights. On the day we left, the nurse said to us, "She sure is spunky!" A few minutes later Clara spit up all over her nice going home outfit. I think it might have been an omen for things to come. Now we're recovering at my mom's house.


The night before we left for the hospital.



Quinton was excited to meet his new sister and has been having a lot of fun as we stay at Grandma and Grandpa Packer's house.






10 comments:

IRISH BERNT'S said...

I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO SEE MORE PIX, SINCE ALL I HAVE SEEN WAS THE TEXT. LOOKS LIKE THE HOLIDAYS HAVE BEEN GOING GOOD FOR YOU. CLARA IS SUCH A CUTIE AND QUINTON IS PROBABLY LOVING HIS LIL' SIS! HEATHER YOU LOOK GREAT AND HOPE THE C-SECTION WENT WELL AND THE RECOVERY IS GOING GOOD. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS AND YOUR NEW ADDITION!

Jenks Jive said...

Oh, she's beautiful! Heather you look like you are recovering well. Congratulations to your family.

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

She is a beautiful baby! Congrats! I am excited to see her soon! :) Hope you had a good Christmas! Happy New Year!

Jason and Kristina Murphy said...

She is so stinkin cute! we will have to come and meet her next time we are in town...

jaclyn weist said...

So cute! What fun little ones. She is beautiful! Looks like you had a fun Christmas

Tammy said...

What a pretty baby! She's an amazing Christmas present. It kind of makes you think about what Mary had to go through--not having hospital, doctor, etc.

We can't wait to "meet" Clara some day--hopefully soon. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather, she is precious! congrats! Isn't it the best christmas present! I'm glad to hear that you are recovering well. Me being a first timer at the whole thing, has really opened my eyes to what its really like! It makes everything worth it though when I look at my baby. Clara is beautiful!

The Welch's said...

congrats on the new baby girl sadly i won't be able to see her before we move so make sure to put lots of pics on your blog -- she's way cute! little girls are so much fun! Good luck with everything!

Charles and Carolyn said...

Congratulations!! She looks so cute. Quinton is really cute too. Hope you continue to recover well.

Kristen said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congrats! I think she looks just like Heather, but what do I know? I hope you're getting enough rest to enjoy her fully. Quinton seems so sweet with her.