Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pregnancy


Going to school, working and being pregnant has been a little exhausting, but we're excited for this baby to come. My blood pressure was a little high so I've had to go to the hospital a few times to take some stress tests just to make sure he's doing okay. Here's a story that I wrote into my journal back in July:

The most dramatic experience happened near the middle of April. I had been home all day from cancelled classes and no work. When Barry got home that evening, I felt pretty sick and needed to get out. So we grabbed our bikes and were going to walk to the gas station to fill up my flat tires. Barry offered me his bike, though, so I could ride and he could run my bike alongside me. I agreed and went to climb on his bike. We were just a few yards from our house at the corner.
Not realizing Barry's bike was built for someone taller than me, no sooner was I on it than the bike fell over with me on it. Somehow the whole impact went straight to my ankle causing a tremendous sprain. Not hurting myself enough in life (and people wonder what's wrong with sports), I didn't know how to deal with the pain. I started to tear up and tried to stand. I felt extremely ill. So, I did the good pregnant woman thing and proceeded to puke all over in the road. Barry was trying to help me, but I had just eaten a bucket of fried rice and well, it wasn't pretty. To this day, the Chinese food I used to love makes me queasy (hopefully that changes because I'm pretty depressed about it.)
Anyways, after I cleared my system, Barry carried my sobbing, puking, pathetic self inside to the couch as I cried out, "I'm such a wanny!" It hurt and I cried, but soon I found it all sadly funny. I limped for a couple weeks on a purple ankle, but telling people I hurt myself just trying to get on a bicycle hurt my pride almost as bad. Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to get on a bike without wincing and take a bite of fried rice without gagging.


Barry found me eating like this one day. When you've got a huge belly, you do what you've got to do!

No comments: